A heater is, indeed, one of the things that you need to have at home if you want to survive from the cold in winter. However, before actually using it to help you deliver more warmth to your body, you need to know how to use it properly so that there will be no accident to happen to you as using a heater can actually be dangerous if you are not careful enough. You also need to note to call an expert in repairing heaters, like the Air Jackson heating and air conditioning Auburn CA, immediately before the problem becomes more severe and dangerous. Here are the tips that you need to know:
1. Do not place flammable items near the heating device. It means that you should not dry clothes on a heating stove or use a heating stove near curtains or mattresses.
2. Do not put hair sprays or the like beside the heating device. If the spray can is exposed to heat, the cans may crack and explode. Very dangerous.
3. Before going to bed or leaving home, you need to make sure to turn off the fire. For the furnace and heater, not only you need to turn off the switch, but also remove the plug from the contacts. That is to avoid the switch being ON because of something that hits it unexpectedly.
4. For an oil-fired heater, you have to be careful of leaks from the tank when adding oil.
5. When using oil or gas as fuel, during heating the room do air ventilation by opening the window 1-2 times every hour.
6. When using an air conditioner, you have to pay attention to the dry air in the room. You need to set air holes to avoid direct exposure to people and prevent the room air to dry by using an air humidifier or by hanging a wet towel in the room.
Winter is a time when cuisine tastes great and winter sports like skiing or snowboarding can be enjoyed. Yet, you need to be careful in maintaining health in order to spend the winter safely and comfortably.